What is Relaxation Massage?
Relaxation massage is all about relaxing, about you taking time out from your busy schedule or the physical activities of your holiday in the Whitsundays. We focus on giving you time to recover from the stresses of daily life. When you experience relaxation massage at Massage First Airlie Beach, you can expect a treatment that involves:
- Long smooth gliding strokes that are rhythmic and flowing with just the right amount of pressure
- Pressure that is deeply relaxing, not to soft and not too hard, but not painful
- A treatment that is designed to soothe and relax you, not to relieve chronic pain or other underlying ailments
- A therapist who also takes the massage environment into account – look for soothing music and occasionally the use of essential oils to enhance both the environment and the effects of the massage treatment
The Benefits of Relaxation Massage
As with any kind of massage, the benefits of a relaxation massage can last for several days after your treatment. Relaxation massage – like other forms of massage - can offer the following benefits:
- Lowering blood pressure – at least for a while
- Improvements to peripheral circulation
- Improvements to skin tone and appearance
- Improvements to gastrointestinal motility (bowel movements will become more regular)
- Some reduction in muscle tension including the relief of muscle tension headaches
- Improvements to any stress-related symptoms. This can include providing a gentle boost to the immune system if you undergo regular treatments.
Is Relaxation Massage right for you?
Like all types of massage, there are benefits and therapeutic gain. People who choose relaxation massage are generally looking for a deep, relaxing massage without any specific treatment for muscle aches and pains.
Our therapists can work with you to discuss your specific needs. Most clients choose a relaxing massage only to find out they have knots and muscle tightness which can be easily treated with the addition of another form of massage like acupressure. This can easily and comfortably be included in your treatment whilst ultimately providing you the same relaxing outcome with the added benefit of removing knots which may present themselves as more prominent after your body is fully relaxed. At times, these knots can be worked out with just relaxation techniques and no need for additional treatment, you just need to relax during your massage treatment.
So, if your ultimate goal is to be pampered, enjoy a relaxing, soothing massage and leave your stresses at the door, then this is the massage for you.
Which parts of the body are Massaged during Relaxation Massage?
Every massage treatment is unique in that the individual clients needs are different. Some clients do not wish for their scalp to be massaged, whilst others want their hands, feet, limbs and their core to be massaged, with a request to finish with a scalp massage.
You decide what you want included in your relaxation massage. When you come in for your appointment, you will complete a form which clearly defines the massage you are requiring as well as the areas in which the therapist will focus on.