The most popular forms of alternative medicines and therapies are Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Naturopathy, Yoga, Acupuncture, Acupressure, Magneto therapy, Shiatsu, Herbalism, Meditation, Aromatherapy, Bach Flower Remedies, Chromo therapy, Diet therapy, Hydropathy, Chakra Cleansing and Reiki. Massage First Airlie Beach provide a limited number of Natural Therapies to assist our clients with overall general wellness.
Some of our practitioners are experienced in:
- Acupressure – Similar to acupuncture, however there are no needles, instead the therapist provides tergeted pressure using finger pressure rather than fine needles on specific points along the body to treat ailments such as tension and stress, aches and pains, menstrual cramps, arthritis and a number of other ailments.
- Aromatherapy – Using “essential oils” distilled from plants, aromatherapy treats emotional disorders such as stress and anxiety as well as a wide range of other ailments. Oils are massaged into the skin in diluted form, inhaled, or placed in baths. Aromatherapy is often used in conjunction with massage therapy, acupuncture, acupressure, reflexology, herbology, chiropractic, and other holistic treatments.
In addition to these therapies we have also included a number of other treatments that we believe have proven health and well being benefits such as:
- Cupping – A traditional Chinese medical technique which applies suction to diseased parts of the body using ceramic glass or bamboo cups in order to increase the regional circulation and thereby promote healing.
- Ear Candling – Primarily used for wax buildup and related hearing problems, ear candling is also used for ear infections and sinus infections. Treatment involves placing the narrow end of a specially designed hollow candle at the entry of the ear canal, while the opposite end is lit
- Reflexology – This modality is based on the idea that specific points on the feet and hands correspond with organs and tissues throughout the body. With fingers and thumbs, the practitioner applies pressure to these points to treat a wide range of stress-related illnesses
- Herbal Foot Spa – Herbal Foot Spa treatment is a mixture of a foot bath and a relaxing reflexology massage of the feet. First, your feet are soaked in a traditional Chinese wooden tub, that is added with natural herbs to aid in healing and relaxation. Your feet are then massaged using reflexology techniques, focusing on key pressure points on the feet that relates to different functions of the human body.